Sunday, November 21, 2010

If looks could kill

Judging a book by its cover. Is so not my type. I don't fall for pretty books; reason why i don't favor chick lits. Although i do love Sophie Kinsella's to bits. But today yours truly is guilty of judging a person by looks.
Went to the nearby sundry shop and was cursing the car parked next to the empty slot i was trying to maneuver. It was parked at an angle that showed that the owner did not bother to look if he is in the box. I managed to slot the beast of a car that i drive into the slot, and was about to reverse to make sure the car was more perpendicular, went 'swoosh' a lorry came and double parked smack at the butt. My hands went for the horn while i turned around to give the driver a dead stare. And i saw this burly man with ponytail, and earring dangling on one ear. I timidly turned down the engine and walked out. What horn?
So i bought the only stuff mom asked me to and walked out, hoping, k more like praying that the lorry would be gone. But nope, still there, blocking my way. So i mustered my courage, to honk. He wasn't in the lorry anyway so i was slightly more braver. once, twice, thrice. Nope stil no sign. i walked back to the shop and saw the man standing there, but i asked the shop assistant if he knew who's lorry it was. And this man, walked out said sorry to me, moved his lorry. and then helped me get out of the tight spot of a parking.
And i felt miserable for steroetyping him. All because he looked like a villain straight out from a bad tamil movie. (The good one's have drool worthy villains, you see) How many times have we done just that, sterotype some one because of their looks. I have had a fair share of it myself. And yet, i did that. Sorry.

On a different note, if the title was true i might be six feet under by now. Took the sister for a hair cut. She looked like a cross between alley cats and justin bieber. Cute but awfully messy. And she kept giving me this murderous looks thru the whole ordeal. Oh wells, she can decide what hair style she wants after she reaches 12, until then i'll be making the calls. She looks much neater now, very presentable. And cute. So win win situation. And if my hair was anywhere as nice as hers, i would be strutting Ellen degeneres's looks.

blogging from the pc sucks!!

No comments: